Thursday, August 26, 2004

You get what you ask for

Fucking pussies.
A few blogs ago I complained about the 4 bands I was in not going anywhere.
Well, now I'm down to 2 bands.
One of the bands has just kind of disintegrated, and I'm not sure everyone involved is even aware that they have disintegrated. But they have.
The other band, who I won't name here, let's just say they played surf guitar instrumentals and are called The Diamondheads, are looking for a new bass player. Took them 2 months to tell me, and then only one of them had the balls to ask me out for a drink and let me know.
FUCKING PUSSIES.
You wanna kick me out, fine, fucking tell me. I'll quit before you get the words out of your mouth. Who wants to play with fucking pussies anyway? Who wants to play loser surf music? Who wants to play with jerks that aren't committed enough to do a little tour? Who wants to play with assholes that don't say what they feel? You got a problem with me? Tell me to my face, don't send the rhythm guitarist to me with the "bad news". Pussies.
Actually, I feel fine, I was pretty burnt out on having to deal with emotionless stone people and manic drummers and endless rehearsals for songs I knew how to play blindfolded. Enough. Finished. Good. Next topic.
The 2 bands I have left aren't very fulfilling either. I'm fat and 46. It's time to either put together a band doing my stuff or sell these fucking guitars and end this frustration. Rock and roll is a loser's game. It mesmerizes, I can't explain. Fuck it.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But you see, everyone else knew of the pussy-ness years ago but just didn't want to come out and tell you that you should have quit that band, like, before you even started. Seriously, they don't deserve your caliber and never did... so you have to chalk it up to their loss, and your lesser loss, for having wasted time with them.

I just told someone two days ago that you shouldn't be in that band. Coincidence? Or did someone hear me griping... No, no one heard. I guess it's no comfort that while you're griping, others feel that the universe has returned to a more appropriate balance.

It is wonderful that no one will have a reason to have to listen to the Diamondheads again, which everyone agrees is "pedestrian" (to be polite) and excruciatingly boring (still being polite.)

August 26, 2004 at 8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes - own band - already said "good idea."

Don't write off others yet, though. Get some coffee and wash your face. Cheer the heck up.

To get un-fat, simply stop eating 90% of what you'd like to eat. Unpleasant, but it works.

August 26, 2004 at 8:05 AM  
Blogger Mark Harp Zzzz said...

I don't know who wrote these comments, but thank you and I love you. The bitterness will fade.

August 26, 2004 at 11:47 AM  
Blogger fuquinay said...

Well, you know me. And, sorry to say it, but surf music is for pussies, one of the reasons that I didn't ever come see you play it. (Not the only reason, but one of them.)

As for old and fat at 46, I'm old and a little less fat at almost 42 (OH. MY. GOD.), and, much as I would love to get up on stage and belt out the Pat Benetar, I'm just too old and not all that sexy anymore. (OK, I am, but only to almost-48-year-old guys that look like short-haired Jesus, and how many of them would be in the audience?)

I know you're feeling down, and I do appreciate you being round. But, frankly, I can't think of too many nicer guys than you, nor too many more talented guys than you.

And fuck 'em. They're jealous.

xxoo

August 26, 2004 at 3:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should start a band where you sound like Joy Division mixed with Gang Of 4 with a touch of Echo And The Bunnymen.

You know. Something fresh.

Then make sure everyone in the band wears skinny ties.

It'll catch everyone off guard. No one will expect it. It'll surprise the kids who never even thought of milking that eurotrash sub-genre and you'll be a god for exactly 2 years.

September 9, 2004 at 10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great article! Thanks.

August 18, 2007 at 10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for interesting article.

August 19, 2007 at 3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent website. Good work. Very useful. I will bookmark!

September 10, 2007 at 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home