Friday, October 01, 2004

Cat Scratch Stevens

I'm being followed by a moon shadow. Moon shadow, moon shadow.
Leaping and hopping on the Monsanto. Monsanto, Monsanto.
And if I ever lose my mouth, all my teeth all turn south,
And if I ever lose my mouth... wee waa woo woo wee, oh yea yea yeah,
I won't have to brush no more.

How cool is it to give up a million selling recording career for a religious conversion? Change your name, disappear, have an arranged marriage, to me it says mental illness more than God told me to. George Harrison found foreign religion but all he did was write songs about Krisha, but then again, he was probably insane from being a Beatle. The only other loonie I can think of here is Sinead O'Connor, but I always thought she was a bit touched in the head from the beginning of her career.

God has never spoken to me. I have never found religion. I think I live in fear of it, because I have seen what religious fervor can do. I think of God as a crutch, and church as an outdated meeting place. Maybe some day I'll wake up and Vishnu or Jesus or maybe all of them will be at the foot of the bed pointing and gesturing wildly. I sure hope not.

Morning has broken, like a dish or glass. Blackberry tea cups covered in sponge.
Pray for the teacup, pray for the dish or glass, pray that Bush isn't reelected, pray that the polls are wrong.

2 Comments:

Blogger fuquinay said...

I love the sound of breaking glass. www.mo-za-ix.com

I'm praying for all those things and more.

I used to do an impersonation of Tori Amos doing "Cat Scratch Fever."

Cat Stevens always sucked, though. He always sucked.

wee waa woo woo wee, oh yea yea yeah

October 3, 2004 at 12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cat stevens sucks yes, but i like george harrison, and at least the krishna folks don't bomb our cities in the name of their god shouting "krishna is great!" over and over again as the planes crash into stuff.

April 12, 2006 at 4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home